Home > GPs > FAQ


We have put the most frequently asked questions to the general practitioner. Perhaps your question has also been answered. Click on a question for its corresponding answer.

How do I get a referral card?

Your health insurer requires the use of a referral card prescribed by the GP. Your doctor must provide the indications involved by evaluating you during a consultation.

How can I change my GP?

First of all, you must unregister at your previous GP before registering with a new GP. In principle, the choice of GP is up to you. In practice, however, this is not always possible. A general practitioner should be able to be at your address within 15 minutes should a medical emergency occur. If you live too far away, this could be problematic. Therefore, in sparsely populated areas you can be designated to one specific general practitioner. GPs may also have closed their practice to new patients because they are full.

Living will

It is always wise to consider your wishes regarding medical activity in the final life phase early on. Thinking about the end of life is confrontational, but appears to have a beneficial effect on quality of care during this important stage. We need to know your wishes in a timely manner. One of the components of a living will is a do not resuscitate statement.

For more information about this, go to www.thuisarts.nl and search for ‘reanimatie’ or ‘levenseinde’. A living will “protects” against unnecessary and often uncomfortable medical actions. Perhaps more importantly is that she works as a catalyst to one’s personal reflection and acceptance processes concerning an imminent end of life.

As a guide, we have posted an example of a living will to help you discuss this issue with your family and the GP and/or practice support staff Elderly care. The living will can only become valid after a consultation with your GP and its admission in your personal medical file.

Does the practice have a blood collection service?

The Bronovo Hospital laboratory is present at Landscheiding Medical Centre every Tuesday from 10:00 to 11:00.

You don’t need an appointment, just a blood test form from the doctor or a letter from Bronovo.

More information

Can my doctor write me a medical certificate?

De Royal Dutch Medical Association (KNMG) does not agree that one’s personal doctor should provide medical certification in which he/she makes a judgement regarding (medical) fitness or inability to do, or not do, particular activities. An example of this would be: whether someone is able to work, drive a car, go to school, take good care of any children, has reason to cancel a holiday, has the right to receive a parking permit or modified living space.

Such statements may only be made by an independent doctor. And independent doctor can make a personal assessment of the situation. If required, the independent doctor may request additional information from your GP(s), with the patient’s consent. You may consult a medical officer regarding this.